The Patient Care Tech position is specifically for the outpatient cardiopulmonary rehab program and is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient's physical and emotional needs, and administratively supports the cardio-pulmonary program.
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Performs medical procedures under direction of an RN
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Assists clinician with patient activities
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Posting charges daily and entering census information
- Scheduling patients therapy and psychiatric appointments
- Answering telephone for program, screen calls, takes messages
- Processing mail and order program supplies
- Transporting patients when needed
- Verifying patient's insurance benefits and assist with pre-certification of services
WEEKDAY HOURS: This position will be 20 - 30 hrs per week