Diamond Healthcare in Williamsburg, VA has a full time Director of Patient Accounting opening. The Director of Patient Accounting works under the supervision of the VP Revenue Cycle.
- Coordination of succeeding revenue cycle activities to ensure accurate and timely reimbursement to facilities and providers in accordance with state and federal requirements.
- Manages the work-flow and performance outcomes of Insurance Verification, Account Auditing, Certified Coding, Patient Financial Counseling, Accounts Receivable Billing and Collection activities, Patient Accounting Customer Service, and Charge Entry functions for client facility locations.
- Provides oversight of quality and productivity standards for these departments.
- Ensure effective interdepartmental communication, work-flow, and procedures are in place to meet the goals of the departments and the facilities.
- Provides effective personnel management for the departments, including performance reviews, staff development, and discipline.
- Determines and manages appropriate staffing levels based on the types and volume of work.
- Provides policy recommendation and development related to quality outcomes and work-flows pertaining to areas of responsibility, departmental operations, and other areas as required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to continuously improve the delivery and outcomes of quality patient/customer care from both financial and customer service perspectives, in accordance with patient safety standards, and Diamond's standards of excellence and Code of Conduct.
- Performs other duties as required.