Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare, the manager of behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center, has an opening for a Patient Services Coordinator.
This position coordinates all the front-end functions and activities related to patient access in the ambulatory practice including, but not limited to, customer service, patient registration, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and the balancing of all TOS payments. The person in this position ensures all scheduling, registration, and payment collection activities are staffed appropriately each day and oversees scheduling and front desk staff in conjunction with the ambulatory practice leadership team. Performs all master scheduling functions including development and maintenance of master schedules and daily scheduling edits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the patient registration process, including staff adherence with all established policies and procedures related to querying the Enterprise Access Directory (EAD) and obtaining complete demographic and insurance information for each patient appointment.
- Assists with coordinating personnel activities, including interviews, orientation and training, scheduling, work sampling, quality assurance and performance management.
- Coordinates the patient appointment scheduling process, including staff adherence with all established policies and procedures related to determining and accurately documenting the appropriate appointment type, provider, referral and/or authorization requirements, procedure orders, and other appointment specific requirements.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing system patient scheduler system, including triaging referrals and/or orders to the appropriate physician for care. Performs or insures the performance of all master scheduling functions including development and maintenance of master schedules. Performs or insures the performance of daily scheduling edits as necessitated by provider schedule changes.
- Coordinates the patient check-in and check-out process for practice including patient reception, validation of patient identity, scanning of patient documents to the appropriate system, resolution of all alerts for missing or inaccurate information prior to patient arrival, insurance verification, collection and electronic posting of time of service (TOS) payments, appropriate and timely status of all appointments, collections and review of all encounter forms, daily deposits of TOS payments, and preparation of charge batches.
- Coordinates the daily batching process, including encounter form completion and reconciliation to optimize charge capture and reimbursement. Reports to the Executive Director or designee on daily activity and process improvement initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Revenue Cycle Manager or designee, ensures accurate review, follow up and completion of custom reports, including past pending, missing charge, charge lag and rejection reports. Recommends and implements corrective actions as appropriate.
- Educates and informs patients and families regarding verification status and issues related to deductibles, co-payments and balances. Responds to hospital staff and/or patient inquiries regarding referrals, authorizations and scheduling in an efficient manner.
- Monitors clinical facility needs and environment of care to ensure a clean, safe environment for patients. Ensures work spaces are neat, clean, and free of debris at all times. Maintains competency in all electronic systems required for job functions. Reports computer malfunctions, software issues and/or problems to the Help Desk or appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.