Please note that this position is based in Richmond, Virginia.
The Director of Compliance works with the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer in the day-to-day operational management of the ethics, compliance, and privacy program.
In part, the Director is responsible for coordination and implementation of the organization’s annual risk assessment and work plan. Additionally, this position will be integral in the development and maintenance of corporate and program specific metrics, scorecards and dashboards. This position will work with various departments such as Operations, Clinical Services, Revenue Cycle, and site Program Directors and interact with hospital clients.
Additionally, the Director of Compliance will report findings and recommendations to the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer on the areas where compliance gaps are found based on risk assessment outcomes and industry and government focus areas and will recommend plans of correction and track program progress toward stated plans of correction.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the ethics and compliance
- Develops, reviews and updates Diamond Healthcare Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and associated training to ensure continuing accuracy and relevance.
- Coordinates annual Diamond Healthcare Code of Ethics and Business Conduct attestation process, including the monitoring and reporting of the associated conflict of interest disclosure process.
- Conducts compliance education and training sessions to various groups throughout Diamond, including new employee, new leader orientation and site based employees.
- Develops and implements an annual communication and education plan focusing on compliance, privacy and regulatory topics specific to the organization, services lines, and risk areas.
- Develops and maintains organizational and program compliance metrics, scorecards and dashboards and as needed, coordinates compliance activities with others in the organization.
- Identifies and reports findings, trends, problems and activities that may indicate a need for change in policies, procedures, internal controls or training.
- Performs compliance reviews and investigations and develops outcomes reports, including recommendations for improvement and documentation of compliance with state and federal laws and regulations, and policies.
- Monitors corrective action/mitigation plans resulting from compliance audits, events or risks.
- Facilitates the annual compliance risk assessment process and work plan, with updates as needed.
- Responsible for the tracking, review and resolution of organizational incident and Ethics Line reports received.
- Provides routine updates to the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer regarding work plan progress, organizational education and corrective action plans, etc.
- Provides research, analysis and consultation on regulatory requirements and practices and serves as a subject matter resource for the organization.
- Provides consultative compliance support to the organization, including site based employees and clients.
- Stays up-to-date on federal, state, local and regulatory requirements as well as accreditation standards to ensure Diamond and client organizations are aware of pending or new laws.
- Oversees and participates in the maintenance and updating of the Corporate Integrity Sharpen site and other department managed communication channels.
- As needed, serves as Corporate Integrity representative on work groups and committees.
- Other duties, as assigned.