Williamsburg Place has an opening for a Part-Time Infection Control Nurse. Duties to include:
- Partners with the facility leadership to develop, implement and evaluate annual infection prevention goals and action plan
- Partners with facility leaders, physicians, local, state, and federal regulatory agencies on activities related to infection prevention
- Oversees the operations of the infection prevention, epidemiology, industrial hygiene, and relevant safety programs
- Accountable for surveillance of healthcare acquired and community acquired infections
- Manages goal setting process for system, unit and physician goals related to healthcare acquired infections and conditions
- Participates in the national collaboratives and external reporting to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention National Healthcare Safety Network (CDC NHSN) system, and other acute-care specific quality organizations
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate intervention and education occurs with staff, and volunteers when healthcare infection trends, outbreaks or non-compliance to infection control/OSHA are identified.
- Support and participate in interdisciplinary performance and quality improvement process.
- Maintains current knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and ensures that the facility leaders are informed of appropriate issues. Understands and complies with infection control, safety and OSHA procedures and regulations.