Opportunity and Summary of Position
The Senior Vice President (SVP), Operations for Diamond Healthcare Corporation will be joining the organization at an exciting time in its long history of serving hospitals and healthcare systems nationwide to implement, improve and expand their behavioral health services. The partnership with Diamond Healthcare is an integral part of their ability to support the missions of their organizations and the communications which they serve.
This Senior Vice President, Operations will report to the President and Chief Executive Officer, and will be joining a collegial team of executives committed to taking Diamond Healthcare to the next level of performance excellence. This SVP will provide oversight and direction for the operation of hospital-based behavioral health programs, services and facilities. The SVP will be responsible for direct supervision of Corporate Operations Vice Presidents and Directors.
We seek candidates who have a progressive and successful track record combined with experience working within a highly competitive market in the healthcare field. He/she will have demonstrated success growing programs and optimizing accounts while building and retaining strong relationships with staff and colleagues. The expectation is that the SVP will be a strong face to the market and will have had prior success building and maintaining an external presence for the organizations they have served. Experience working within behavioral health operations is a plus.
Roles & Responsibilities
Job specific responsibilities for the Senior Vice President, Operations will include but not limited to:
- Work with the executive leadership team to develop and execute Diamond Healthcare’s Strategic Business Plan.
- Design and lead initiatives that position Diamond Healthcare as an invaluable partner and asset to its clients and prospective clients when it comes to behavioral health. This includes helping to further position Diamond in how it supports clients and their operational goals in optimizing quality, efficiency and value-based reimbursement.
- Direct and ensure that the Diamond Healthcare operations planning activities, strategies and structures are attainable and integrated with financial planning structures and processes.
- Facilitate knowledge development and stimulate innovation through educational programs, seminars, retreats and hosting visits of business, government, civic and community leaders.
- Review existing engagements from both a business and strategic perspective. Develop recommendations for changes to ensure achievement of organizational goals.
- Travel nationally, as necessary, to meet his/her operations goals.
Goals and Objectives – Measures of Success
These represent areas in which the Senior Vice President, Operations is expected to make significant progress within the first 12 months of his/her tenure with the organization. They are not listed in any particular order of significance.
- Has established personal and professional credibility, gained respect and built confidence within and outside of the organization. Viewed as highly engaged, effective and visible and seen as a key member of the executive management team.
- Identified and advanced areas for collaboration and partnerships. In addition, has created key performance metrics, systems for accountability, and measurable action plans.
- Operations VPs and Directors held accountable for overall contract performance and obligations, superior customer service, ethics and compliance standards, and collaboration with colleagues in all other functional areas that contributed to a successful outcome.
- Managed a number of hospital-based behavioral health programs and facilities.
- Assisted SVP, Business Development in strategic planning for expansion in existing markets.
- Provided an overview and supervision of survey preparedness, Medicare surveys, and state licensure surveys, in collaboration with the EVP, Clinical Services.
- Developed new program specialities for the operations division and at assigned hospitals.
- Worked closely with other Diamond Departments (Clinical Services, Business Development, Finance, Human Resources, and Corporate Integrity) in support of the overall Diamond mission.
- Coordinated the assignment of new contracts to Operations Vice Presidents and Directors
- Participated and assigned staff from Operations to conduct Operational and Strategic Assessments
- Maintained positive client relations with minimal to no contract losses in a given fiscal year.
Start-Up Project Support:
- Assisted with coordination of feasibility studies and operational assessments.
- Coordinated the licensure of new programs, DRG exemption process, building renovation/construction approval process with local or state authorities, etc.
- Coordinated with Business Development the expansion of programs and development of new clinical programs.
Consultation and Other Support:
- Identified opportunities for new management and consultation at existing client hospitals and new client hospitals.
- Participated in the Leadership Team process for Diamond Healthcare Corporation representing Operations.
- Assisted and participated in consultation services as needed.
Diamond Healthcare offers a complete and generous compensation package including life, health, dental, and disability insurances, PTO, 401k + match and more.