Diamond Healthcare is seeking an experienced nurse with a background in psychiatry for the position of Interim Director of Nursing in the Adult/Gero Psychiatric unit. This position will provide an environment for effective relationship-based nursing care and ensures that the department consistently provides high quality care with positive patient outcomes.
This interim position is hospital-based outside Boston and offers a generous benefits package - insurance (health-life-disability-dental-vision), 401k and a competitive salary. All living expenses and travel are covered.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring efficient fiscal operation of the Department of Psychiatry
- Seeking and acting upon patient, family and staff feedback
- Promoting, developing and evaluating processes and systems for patient care
- Leading the development and implementation of policies, procedures and standards of care
- Evaluating the outcomes of patient care to recommend and integrate appropriate changes
- Ensuring compliance with hospital, state, federal and licensing agency regulatory standards
- Leading and/or participating in Quality Improvement (QI) groups and other multidisciplinary meetings
- Collaboration with community health organizations to enhance the hospital’s community presence