Signet Health is working with our client in Dyer, IN to quickly hire qualified registered nurses (RN) with psychiatric experience. New RNs invited to apply. These are hospital positions with a salary range of $28.00 - $44.00/hr. depending on experience.
Our Registered Nurses promote and restore patients' health by completing the nursing process, collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members, providing physical and psychological support to patients and families and supervising assigned team members.
Openings available for all shifts in adult inpatient, adolescent inpatient and adolescent residential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Practice nursing according to the organization and established nursing philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Complete patient admissions and discharges.
- Administer oral and injectable medications.
- Manage the therapeutic milieu.
- Provide patient and family education.
- Establish a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, families, and coworkers.
- Collaborate with patients and their families, (and or primary caregiver) as well as members of a multidisciplinary team, to ensure optimal patient outcomes and enhancement of the patient experience.
- Assess, collect, and analyze comprehensive objective, subjective, psychosocial, and cultural data pertinent to patient condition.
- Develop, prioritize, and implement the plan of care, coordinate care delivery, employ interventions to improve patient outcomes while providing a safe, respectful, and ethical practice environment.
- Communicate timely changes in patient’s assessment/ongoing reassessment to providers that warrant consideration and/or a change in the plan of care and maintain and coordinate communication with all members of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate safe transitions and continuity in care delivery.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment in accordance with infection-control policies and protocols.
- May be required to maintain nursing supply inventory by checking stock and expiration dates to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, and placing orders for required inventory.
- Complete de-escalation training and implement fundamentals of training.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Active listening skills.
- Adapt to multiple clinical settings.
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
- Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations.
- Customer service skills.
- Prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Problem solving.
- Time management.
- Navigate the electronic health record for planning, evaluating, and implementing patient care.
- Knowledge of HIPAA Guidelines.