We offer the opportunity to develop your career within an ethical company which has distinguished itself for its exceptional focus on customer needs, its intense research into community needs and its commitment to clinical quality.
Please submit your profile to be considered for an open or future position.
We look forward to connecting with you.
Click column header to sort
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare, the manager of behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center, has an opening for a Patient Services Coordinator.
This position coordinates all the front-end functions and activities related to patient access in the ambulatory practice including, but not limited to, customer service, patient registration, on-site insurance verification and financial counseling, accurate Time-of-Service (TOS) payment collections, and the balancing of all TOS payments. The person in this position ensures all scheduling, registration, and payment collection activities are staffed appropriately each day and oversees scheduling and front desk staff in conjunction with the ambulatory practice leadership team. Performs all master scheduling functions including development and maintenance of master schedules and daily scheduling edits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates the patient registration process, including staff adherence with all established policies and procedures related to querying the Enterprise Access Directory (EAD) and obtaining complete demographic and insurance information for each patient appointment.
- Assists with coordinating personnel activities, including interviews, orientation and training, scheduling, work sampling, quality assurance and performance management.
- Coordinates the patient appointment scheduling process, including staff adherence with all established policies and procedures related to determining and accurately documenting the appropriate appointment type, provider, referral and/or authorization requirements, procedure orders, and other appointment specific requirements.
- Coordinates the maintenance of the approved organization electronic scheduling and billing system patient scheduler system, including triaging referrals and/or orders to the appropriate physician for care. Performs or insures the performance of all master scheduling functions including development and maintenance of master schedules. Performs or insures the performance of daily scheduling edits as necessitated by provider schedule changes.
- Coordinates the patient check-in and check-out process for practice including patient reception, validation of patient identity, scanning of patient documents to the appropriate system, resolution of all alerts for missing or inaccurate information prior to patient arrival, insurance verification, collection and electronic posting of time of service (TOS) payments, appropriate and timely status of all appointments, collections and review of all encounter forms, daily deposits of TOS payments, and preparation of charge batches.
- Coordinates the daily batching process, including encounter form completion and reconciliation to optimize charge capture and reimbursement. Reports to the Executive Director or designee on daily activity and process improvement initiatives.
- In conjunction with the Revenue Cycle Manager or designee, ensures accurate review, follow up and completion of custom reports, including past pending, missing charge, charge lag and rejection reports. Recommends and implements corrective actions as appropriate.
- Educates and informs patients and families regarding verification status and issues related to deductibles, co-payments and balances. Responds to hospital staff and/or patient inquiries regarding referrals, authorizations and scheduling in an efficient manner.
- Monitors clinical facility needs and environment of care to ensure a clean, safe environment for patients. Ensures work spaces are neat, clean, and free of debris at all times. Maintains competency in all electronic systems required for job functions. Reports computer malfunctions, software issues and/or problems to the Help Desk or appropriate staff.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Diamond Healthcare Corporation
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center and has an opening for a Social Worker (Consultation and Liaison).
This person will provide direct clinical care to patients admitted to Medstar Washington Hospital Center (MWHC) medical units who are in need of psychiatric services. This individual must be proficient and knowledgeable with medical terminology/issues and demonstrate an understanding of mental health treatment issues. He/She will be expected to attend and actively participate in daily medical rounds with the Consult and Liaison (C&L) Psychiatry team and discuss new C&L consults and present updates on current cases.
- Provides Case Management services to psychiatric patients.
- Provides Psychotherapeutic counseling to patients and family members, when appropriate.
- Assists with discharge planning, contacting and linking patients to outpatient providers, coordinating family meetings and transitioning patients from the medical units to the inpatient psychiatry units at MWHC.
- Maintains contact with nursing homes, medical-surgical units and other facilities and agencies to promote the program and to provide education regarding services available for their clients/residents.
- Provides ongoing communications with referral sources concerning the status of patients referred into the program.
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of psychiatric and behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center and has the following opening:
The Ambulatory Practice Clinic Manager (Outpatient Psychiatry) oversees administrative and clinical staff responsible for ensuring successful daily clinical operations. Responsible for optimal clinic throughput, patient scheduling and registration, billing processes, insurance authorizations, and implementation of MedStar policies and procedures. Responsible for clinical revenue cycle management, including cash collections, billing charge entry, and account reconciliation. Works closely with leadership to develop, implement, and sustain leading practice models for ambulatory operations, including training, planning, coordination of shared services, facility management, and general operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the lead administrator responsible for managing successful day-to-day operations of the physician practice. Implements policies and procedures of physician practice management and operations in collaboration with physician and nursing leadership.
- Works with staff to ensure the smooth flow of patients through the practice(s) and all work is performed accurately and within specified time constraints. Implements and manages appropriate programs and services in keeping with the goals of the department.
- Oversees management of schedule templates for all providers. Ensures templates are organized so that patients are able to be scheduled immediately for urgent appointment requests, or within 3-5 days for less urgent requests.
- Works directly with provider team and scheduling team to optimize patient access. Ensures telephone management metrics are met.
- Responsible for maximizing professional revenue, to include insurance verification and eligibility, insurance authorizations, collection of payments, and reconciliation of charges. Educates staff and physicians as appropriate. Reports monthly statistics using established dashboard formats.
- Ensures all professional and hospital charges are captured correctly, in a timely manner. Reconciles all charges to ensure timely submission. Reports key metrics monthly.
- Ensures patient registration is in compliance with all Hospital and Medicare/Medicaid regulations/policies as well as all applicable federal and local laws. Updates/trains staff on changes as necessary developing/implementing new practice polices/procedures as necessary at all practice locations.
- Works with a variety of internal and external customers to ensure the delivery of high quality care with excellence in clinical outcomes and customer satisfaction. Responds to internal and external customers needs through patient care follow –up, referral patterns, education and service.
- Interviews, hires, and evaluates the performance of staff in collaboration with the nursing leader, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges. Develops performance evaluation standards and objectives and monitors and evaluates staff performance. Assigns duties and responsibilities in conjunction with physician leaders. Ensures training and development of staff, approves personnel actions, and resolves staff grievances to ensure compliance with Hospital and contractual stipulations.
- Leads the practice in managing formal ambulatory performance improvement initiatives. Prepares reports of successful practice indicators for review. Prepares and/or assists in preparation of administrative policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Implements best practice models for ambulatory practice management, including training, planning, coordination of shared services, facility management, and general operations.
- Works with ancillary and professional service leaders to ensure optimal service delivery within the practice and the services meet regulatory and other standards.
- Functions as management lead to track financial activity and transfers of funds between MWHC and other MedStar entities in support of regional program activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare, the manager of behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center, has an opening for a Clinical Psychologist.
The Clinical Psychologist will provide psychological services in designated department(s). This person will oversee routine operational tasks and the implementation of program development tasks. Provides leadership and special expertise in one or more sub fields of clinical and medical psychology. Provides full range of necessary psycho-diagnostic and psychotherapeutic services to inpatients and outpatients of designated department(s).