We offer the opportunity to develop your career within an ethical company which has distinguished itself for its exceptional focus on customer needs, its intense research into community needs and its commitment to clinical quality.
Please submit your profile to be considered for an open or future position.
We look forward to connecting with you.
Click column header to sort
Washington, D.C. – Psychiatric Nocturnist needed for Emergency Department at major tertiary care center in Washington DC. ED is very busy (85,000+ visits annually) and a Level 1 trauma center. Flexible schedule/hours are available, but position is designed for 7 day on/7 day off model. Both full and part-time positions are available. Primary responsibilities are for ED admissions, plus small amount consults with patients in medical and behavioral health units. Academic affiliation and rank possible with Georgetown University. The hospital is offering a competitive base salary, wRVU bonus and complete benefits package, including paid malpractice, CME, Health Insurance, 401k and much more.
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare, the manager of behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center, has openings for a Mental Health Technician.
The Mental Health Technician is a key position that provides direct patient care, monitors patient's physical and emotional needs and administratively supports the psychiatric program.
- Assists in maintaining medical records
- Monitors patient interactions and safety
- Provides clerical support
- Assists in patient data collection
- Provides patient information as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Utilizes knowledge of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to provide targeted therapeutic interventions with patients.
- Transports patients to outside appointments, if necessary
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of behavioral health and psychiatry services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center and has some part-time and full-time openings for Psychiatric Registered Nurses.
This person will perform patient evaluations; including monitoring and tracking of vital signs, triage of medical crises and supervision of administering oral medications.
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center.
The Director of Clinical Quality and Compliance will oversee performance improvement, risk management and compliance duties for the Medstar Washington Hospital Center Outpatient and Inpatient Behavioral Health Services utilizing best practices. The job responsibilities include:
- Ensures compliance with the District of Columbia and Federal agency regulatory agencies;
- Collects and reports data for the quality dashboards;
- Prepares the survey process for The Joint Commission;
- Ensures readiness for all Corporate, local and federal audits and surveys through medical record reviews, identification of deficiencies and written plans of correction;
- Initiates and monitors the quality initiatives;
- Reviews and revises policies and procedures;
- Monitors incident reporting internally and externally to agencies;
- Educates staff with regards to quality, risk management and regulatory compliance issues;
- Meets with Program Staff to ensure a systematic approach to identifying, prioritizing and assessing appropriate quality activities and interventions;
- Provides “Hands On” leadership in order to engage staff in quality/compliance efforts;
- Participates actively in Medstar Washington Hospital Center and the Department of Mental Health Quality meetings.
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of psychiatric and behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center and has the following opening:
The Ambulatory Practice Clinic Manager (Outpatient Psychiatry) oversees administrative and clinical staff responsible for ensuring successful daily clinical operations. Responsible for optimal clinic throughput, patient scheduling and registration, billing processes, insurance authorizations, and implementation of MedStar policies and procedures. Responsible for clinical revenue cycle management, including cash collections, billing charge entry, and account reconciliation. Works closely with leadership to develop, implement, and sustain leading practice models for ambulatory operations, including training, planning, coordination of shared services, facility management, and general operations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the lead administrator responsible for managing successful day-to-day operations of the physician practice. Implements policies and procedures of physician practice management and operations in collaboration with physician and nursing leadership.
- Works with staff to ensure the smooth flow of patients through the practice(s) and all work is performed accurately and within specified time constraints. Implements and manages appropriate programs and services in keeping with the goals of the department.
- Oversees management of schedule templates for all providers. Ensures templates are organized so that patients are able to be scheduled immediately for urgent appointment requests, or within 3-5 days for less urgent requests.
- Works directly with provider team and scheduling team to optimize patient access. Ensures telephone management metrics are met.
- Responsible for maximizing professional revenue, to include insurance verification and eligibility, insurance authorizations, collection of payments, and reconciliation of charges. Educates staff and physicians as appropriate. Reports monthly statistics using established dashboard formats.
- Ensures all professional and hospital charges are captured correctly, in a timely manner. Reconciles all charges to ensure timely submission. Reports key metrics monthly.
- Ensures patient registration is in compliance with all Hospital and Medicare/Medicaid regulations/policies as well as all applicable federal and local laws. Updates/trains staff on changes as necessary developing/implementing new practice polices/procedures as necessary at all practice locations.
- Works with a variety of internal and external customers to ensure the delivery of high quality care with excellence in clinical outcomes and customer satisfaction. Responds to internal and external customers needs through patient care follow –up, referral patterns, education and service.
- Interviews, hires, and evaluates the performance of staff in collaboration with the nursing leader, and when necessary, disciplines and discharges. Develops performance evaluation standards and objectives and monitors and evaluates staff performance. Assigns duties and responsibilities in conjunction with physician leaders. Ensures training and development of staff, approves personnel actions, and resolves staff grievances to ensure compliance with Hospital and contractual stipulations.
- Leads the practice in managing formal ambulatory performance improvement initiatives. Prepares reports of successful practice indicators for review. Prepares and/or assists in preparation of administrative policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Implements best practice models for ambulatory practice management, including training, planning, coordination of shared services, facility management, and general operations.
- Works with ancillary and professional service leaders to ensure optimal service delivery within the practice and the services meet regulatory and other standards.
- Functions as management lead to track financial activity and transfers of funds between MWHC and other MedStar entities in support of regional program activities.
MedStar Health, the Washington, D.C. area’s largest health system, is recruiting for an accomplished leader to direct the Department of Psychiatry at MedStar Washington Hospital Center (MWHC). MWHC is a 900-bed tertiary care hospital in Washington, D.C. with national recognition for innovative programs including its new Heart and Vascular Institute. The Department of Psychiatry at MWHC includes ten psychiatrists and is a core site for the Department of Psychiatry of the Georgetown University School of Medicine.
The Chair will oversee all aspects of the program including inpatient, outpatient, and consultation-liaison clinical care as well as the training programs. Georgetown residents and medical students currently rotate at MWHC and the new Chair will be expected to have a vision to grow academic programming. The Department Chair will also hold a Vice Chair position in the Department of Psychiatry of the Georgetown University School of Medicine. The candidate should have qualifications at the Associate Professor or Professor level and must have significant clinical and academic leadership experience.
This position is responsible for providing direct clinical services to patients within the scope of services allowed under the DC Board of Nursing and in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Psychiatric Committee and Medstar Washington Hospital Center (MWHC) Medical Staff By-Laws. This includes performing psychiatric evaluations on patients, in collaboration with a supervising psychiatrist and a treatment team, prescribing medications, providing clinical assessments and diagnosis in accordance with DC law and MWHC Medical Staff By-Laws and other duties as assigned. Employed position with very competitive salary and complete benefits package. This is a 100% inpatient position with limited call schedule (1x8).
Washington, D.C. – Opportunity to join a well established hospital employed practice with major medical center in Washington, D.C. This is primarily an inpatient position, with 46 total behavioral health beds at the facility. Responsibilities will be almost entirely clinical, but academic rank and teaching responsibilities are possible. Practice is 100% adult ages 18 and up; there is no Child & Adolescent census. Hours are 8:30-5:00, Monday thru Friday. There is some weekend call (for which the physician is paid) and is shared with other physicians at 1x5 or 6. The hospital is offering a competitive base salary, WRVU bonus and complete benefits package, including paid malpractice, CME, Health Insurance, 401k and much more.