We offer the opportunity to develop your career within an ethical company which has distinguished itself for its exceptional focus on customer needs, its intense research into community needs and its commitment to clinical quality.
Please submit your profile to be considered for an open or future position.
We look forward to connecting with you.
Click column header to sort
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of psychiatric and behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center and has the following opening for a Certified Medical Office Assistant:
This person performs a complete range of basic clinical, billing and clerical services in an outpatient behavioral health setting, under the direction of a registered nurse and/or physician. Responsibilities will include: greeting, receiving and preparing patients; maintaining the examination areas; receiving and screening telephone calls; scheduling appointments and coordinating patient flow.
- Receives and screens telephone callers, provides information per department/Hospital policy, and/or routes calls to appropriate personnel. Takes and forwards messages as appropriate. Schedules and coordinates appointments as necessary. Obtains relevant diagnostic test results prior to patient appointment.
- Greets patients, visitors, and staff to the office, determines their need(s) and assists/ directs them accordingly.
- Registers patients in the patient registration system as well as in any applicable department system confirming insurance information and securing applicable documentation. Accepts payments.
- Prepares patient to be seen by physician; escorts patient to examination room and takes vital signs and records them in the patient chart.
- Assists physician in examinations/procedures. Cleans and prepares exam/procedure room between patients.
- Follows up with patients and conveys information to physician.
- Maintains patient charts/departmental files/records/logs, including billing and appointment records/logs. Pre-registers patients for next day appointments.
- Inventories and orders office and clinical supplies and equipment for the department and obtaining equipment repair/maintenance. Checks equipment to ensure proper functioning. Assures accuracy of billing; forwards bill(s) to appropriate department personnel for payment.
- Receives and reviews all incoming mail to the department. Opens, sorts, and distributes mail, as appropriate.
- Enters data into databases/logs for statistical purposes. Creates, maintains, and adapts spreadsheets and electronic computer files as requested. Prepares routine correspondence and may transcribe dictated physician notes as required.
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare, the manager of behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center, has openings for an Outpatient Intake Clinicians to perform diagnostic evaluations on clients by conducting intake interviews, strength-based assessments, investigating case histories through contact with appropriate collateral resources, and evaluating clients to determine treatment strategies
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of psychiatric and behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center and has an opening for a Director of Inpatient Admissions.
This person will be responsible for the evaluation service for the Department and will coordinate admissions to all levels of care. Also, this person will conduct clinical assessments of prospective patients in the Emergency Department (ED) and determine patients’ appropriateness for the program. This is a Hands-on position.
- Coordinates the psychiatric assessment process with the attending psychiatrists.
- Develops strategies that result in a positive facility image and assists the department in meeting its goals.
- Coordinates the consultation and liaison service of the hospital.
- Identifies age appropriate developmental tasks and needs as evidenced in the development of care and the treatment planning sessions. Completes Psychosocial Assessments, reviews treatment plans and conducts groups.
- Maintains contact with nursing homes, medical-surgical units and other facilities and agencies to promote the program and to provide education regarding services available for their clients/residents.
- Provides ongoing communications with referral sources concerning the status of patients referred into the program.
Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare is the manager of behavioral health services for Medstar Washington Hospital Center and has an opening for a Director of Nursing.
The Director of Nursing reports to the Senior Director of Nursing at the hospital and the Executive Director of the Inpatient Behavioral Health Services and has accountability for managing resources, (human, material and financial) and to ensure quality, cost-effective delivery of services for the inpatient population. This person is recognized as a professional role model and promotes an environment that supports the goals, mission, vision, philosophy and values of the Division of Nursing and of Medstar Washington Hospital Center.
Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards across the continuum of care to ensure coordinated plans of treatment, patient focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of necessary services. Builds trust with the nursing staff through visibility.
- Provides for the seamless transition of patients across the continuum of care. Establishes partnerships with MedStar leadership groups. In collaboration with medical staff and facility leadership, ensures a superior care experience and a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Ensures policies, practices and procedures comply with administrative, legal and regulatory requirements of governmental and accrediting agencies.
- Communicates and interprets policies and procedures to nursing staff and monitors staff practices and implementation.
- Maintains a state of continuous regulatory readiness.
- Evaluates the work performance of all nursing personnel.
- Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and nursing supervision as evidenced by adequate services and staff coverage on unit, absence of odors and general cleanliness.
- Reviews each unit daily to monitor and ensure timely, effective responses to significant changes in condition, transfers, discharges, use of restraints, unexplained injuries, falls, behavioral episodes, medication errors, and environmental issues. Performs rounds to observe care and to interview staff, patients, families or other interested parties.
- Collaborates with physicians, consultants, community agencies and institutions to improve the quality of services and to resolve identified problems.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes & the delivery of patient care.
- Oversees nursing schedules to assure they meet patient needs and regulatory and budgetary standards.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of nursing personnel.
Washington, D.C. – Consult Liaison position with major medical center and teaching institution – Position will hold academic rank and teaching duties with Georgetown University Medical School. Preference for physician with experience in C/L Psychiatry, or fellowship training in C/L. There is some weekend call that is shared with other physicians employed at the facility and will be 1:6 or better. The need is for a full time, permanent position, but part time candidates are welcome to apply. The hospital is offering a competitive base salary, WRVU bonus and complete benefits package, including paid malpractice, CME, Health Insurance, 401k and much more.
Washington, D.C. – Outpatient position - Join a well established hospital employed practice with major medical center in Washington, D.C. Position will be focused almost entirely on outpatient Psychiatry. Practice is 100% adult; there is no Child & Adolescent psychiatry. Hours are 8:30-5:00, Monday thru Friday. Academic affiliation/duties are possible if desired. There is some weekend call that is shared with other physicians employed at the facility and will be 1:6 or better. The need is for a full time, permanent position, but part time candidates are welcome to apply. The hospital is offering a competitive base salary, WRVU bonus and complete benefits package, including paid malpractice, CME, Health Insurance, 401k and much more.
Washington, D.C. – Psychiatric Nocturnist needed for Emergency Department at major tertiary care center in Washington DC. ED is very busy (85,000+ visits annually) and a Level 1 trauma center. Flexible schedule/hours are available, but position is designed for 7 day on/7 day off model. Both full and part-time positions are available. Primary responsibilities are for ED admissions, plus small amount consults with patients in medical and behavioral health units. Academic affiliation and rank possible with Georgetown University. The hospital is offering a competitive base salary, wRVU bonus and complete benefits package, including paid malpractice, CME, Health Insurance, 401k and much more.